Get Ready to Shop Small!
Small Business Saturday is a nationwide event celebrated on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. The event builds awareness surrounding the importance and impact that shopping local has for our city. Last year, Fairfax City partnered with the Economic Development Authority and the Central Fairfax Chamber of Commerce to be a Neighborhood Champion for Small Business Saturday. As a Neighborhood Champion, we hosted a Welcome Station and a Monopoly inspired board game, “Fairfax City-opoly” to celebrate the city’s small and local business community, remind residents and visitors of the great businesses located in the city, and to encourage them to get out and shop and dine at city businesses.
This year, we are partnering together once again to host a welcome station at Old Town Hall at 3999 University Drive on Saturday, November 30 starting at 10:00 am. At the welcome station we will have small treats, free Small Business Saturday branded swag, and cards with details on our Fairfax City Elf Hunt.
The Fairfax City Elf Hunt will begin on Saturday, November 30 through Sunday, December 15 with elves hidden in small businesses located throughout the city. Here’s how it works: pick up a Fairfax City Elf Hunt card at the welcome station on Saturday, November 30 or download it on our Facebook page on Saturday, November 30; locate 10 elves in Fairfax City businesses, get a stamp from each business confirming that you found the elf; share the Fairfax City Elf Hunt card with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your Fairfax City Elf Hunt card, you will receive a Fairfax City car magnet and have your name entered into a drawing for a $250 cash prize. Completed cards must be received by Monday, December 16 to be eligible. Fairfax City Elf Hunt cards can be downloaded here or picked up at our Welcome Station at Old Town Hall, 3999 University Drive on Saturday, November 30 between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
Fairfax City Elf Hunt participating businesses include:
- ALOHA Mind Math Reading Writing at 11904 Lee Highway, #D101
- Alpine Ski & Snow at 9929 Fairfax Boulevard
- Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates at 9639 Fairfax Boulevard
- Chubby Squirrel Brewing Company at 10382 Willard Way
- Cinema Arts Theatre at 9650 Main Street
- Commonwealth Dry Goods at 10409 Main Street, #C
- CupCakes and Beyond at 9540 Lee Highway
- Dante Salon and Wellness Spa at 3943 Old Lee Highway
- Dixer Worldwide Tattoo at 10560 Main Street, #308
- DIY Scent Studio at 4007 University Drive
- Duck Donuts at 10694 Fairfax Boulevard
- Epiphany Pilates at 9416 Main Street
- Fairfax Surf Shop at 10304 Willard Way
- Fairfax Veterinary Hospital at 10396 Willard Way
- Games and Comics Pair O’Dice at 10385 Main Street
- Ground Gaia at 4002 University Drive
- High Side at 4009 Chain Bridge Road
- Huntington Learning Center at 10258 Main Street
- Joy Unlimited at 10400 Main Street
- Mara Hair and Mode Studio at 4011 Chain Bridge Road
- Mobius Records at 10409 Main Street, #D
- Ornery Beer Company at 3950 University Drive, #209
- Pacers Running at 10420 North Street
- Paint Your Own Pottery at 10417 Main Street
- Patriots Pub & Grill at 10560 Main Street
- Tandoori Nights – Fairfax at 10312 Willard Way
- The Standard Barbershop at 10409 Main Street, #B
- Title Boxing Club at 10318 Willard Way
- Twins Ace Hardware at 10310B Main Street
- Weber’s Pet Supermarket at 11021 Lee Highway