Fairfax City’s Holiday Window Decorating Contest Returns!
Fairfax City’s Office of Economic Development in partnership with the Old Town Fairfax Business Association is excited to announce the return of the Holiday Window Decorating Contest!
Last year, due to the pandemic, the contest could not be held as Small Business Saturday characters in support of the Elf Scavenger Hunt were hidden in storefront windows. This year, we once again celebrating the season and encouraging businesses to create festive storefronts to attract visitors and showcase your business for the holiday season.
How the Holiday Window Decorating Contest Works:
- This is no cost to participate, simply complete this form confirming your business name, address, and contact information by Friday, December 3.
- Decorate your ground-level storefront window with the holiday theme of Winter Wonderland by Monday, December 6. The Winter Wonderland theme an be inclusive of snow, winter activities, cold weather animals, and much more.
- Decorating rules:
- Keep it family-friendly!
- If you use lights, please only use traditional non-blinking ones.
- Refrain from including business-related announcements, promotions, product-related or business-related advertisements and/or events as part of your display.
- Decorated windows should be viewable from the sidewalk but must not obstruct the sidewalk and/or pedestrian right of way.
- Keep your decorations up through the holidays but please take them down by January 10, 2022.
- We will announce the contest on our social channels to the public and continue to promote participating businesses through January 3, 2022.
- Grand Prize – Selected by the Mayor and City Council.
- People’s Choice – Votes by the public will be tallied. The public will be encouraged to vote by visiting businesses and scanning a QR code in the storefront window. An 8 1/2 x 11 flyer with a unique QR code will be provided to each participating business.
- Like the Stanley Cup, winners will have their business name engraved on a trophy to showcase in their business until next year’s competition.
- Consultation services will also be awarded to each winning business.
|Friday, November 19||Registration opens. All Fairfax City businesses with ground-level storefront windows are welcome to participate.|
|Friday, December 3||Registration closes.|
|Monday, December 6||All displays must be ready. A photo gallery will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram channels by Friday, December 10.|
|Monday, January 3||Voting ends online and via QR scans. Selections from Mayor and Councilmembers are finalized.|
|Tuesday, January 4||Winners announced.|
|Monday, January 10||Decorations removed from storefront windows.|