The Fairfax City Neighborhood Connected Grant Program (NCGP) is a competitive grant program for non-profit organizations.
The program will provide non-profit organizations an opportunity to apply for a one-time grant in the amount of $12,000 in support of a proposed program. The goal of this grant is to support our partners’ capacity to develop more strategic, needs-based programming for economic development or economic development-adjacent work done in the City. Funding is limited to three nonprofit organizations or when funds are exhausted.
Applications will be accepted until December 31st.
- Application forms will be accepted from July 18 – December 31.
- In addition to the application, you must also submit a: Project Plan, Budget, Sustainability Plan, Organization’s Registration and Supporting Documents.
- Completed application forms can be submitted by email to Matthew.Easley@fairfaxva.gov, in person or mailed to the Economic Develpment Office:
Attn: Matthew Easley
Fairfax City Economic Development
10300 Eaton Place #235
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Applications will be evaluated on the quality of proposal and against other applicants (NCGP grants are competitive).
- Award decisions will be contingent on the availability of funding and awarded at the sole discretion of the review committee.
Organization must be:
- Registered as a non-profit organization and is recognized as an IRS tax exempt entity;
- Up to date on all required city, state and federal permitting/ regulations as applicable;
- Enter into a grant agreement between the recipient-organization and the Economic Development Authority.
- A nonprofit community-based organizations that have not previously received economic development funding within the last 12 months.
- Compliant with City, State and Federal filing requirements including, but not limited to, the required filing BPOL documents with the City’s Commissioner of the Revenue.
- A substantial amount of work/ programming done is conducted within the City.
- Organizations must comply with program-specific reporting and evaluation as determined by economic development staff and agreed upon with the grant recipient organization.
- A suggested timeline for project implementation and completion will be required as part of the application process.
- Evaluation requirements could include participation in scheduled check-ins with Economic Development Commissioners or staff, completion of quarterly progress reports, periodic compliance evaluation, and hosting Economic Development staff for site visits as requested.
Program Terms and Conditions
Grantees will be awarded two payments in the amount of $6,000 each. One payment will be distributed upon execution of the grant agreement and the second payment will be awarded when the proposed program is successfully implemented and completed (no later than 6 months after contract execution).
The contract term will begin upon the approval of a negotiated scope of support and the execution of a grant agreement. The recipient will receive two payments in the amount of $6,000; the first being at the execution of the contract and the second at the successful completion of the program (no later than 6 months after contract execution).
Only non-profit organizations can apply.
Funds may be used for costs directly related to programming that was approved in the executed grant agreement.
Funds may not be used for: personnel services or salary, organizational promotion unrelated to the approved program, fundraising or sponsorship not directly related to the proposed program, legal fees, permit fees, or costs that have occurred prior to the term of the grant.